Thursday, November 10, 2011

As I Am: Product Review

So while I do make my own moisturizers and conditioners for my hair, I still look for products I can purchase which will save me time and ingredients. I came across As I Am products as a recommendation from a transitioning friend. The products were reasonably priced so I just bought two items that I needed most at the time, an everyday moisturizer and a deep conditioner.

First up was the CoCoShea Spray. A daily moisturizer with coconut oil, shea butter, and vegetable glycerin as its key ingredients. Can I tell y'all how much my hair hated this stuff? Firstly, the smell was something comparable to beeswax which I didnt find too pleasant. Secondly, it didnt, spray nor disperse easily into my hair. My hair didnt absorb it at all. It just sat there on my strands like a white cream. Eww. Finally after it dried it left my hair feeling crunchy and I couldn't stand it. Ive used it several other times to give it second, third, and fourth chances. Immediately after washing on damp/wet hair, and between washings on dry hair, this does not agree with my curls. 


Next up was their Hydration Elation deep conditioner. This one gets an A+ from me. It smells great, not too   fruity, coconutty, or flowery. It left my hair soft and my curls defined. I put it on immediately after washing, on damp hair, sit under the dryer for 20-30 mins, then rinse out. I also added some extra virgin olive oil, and jojoba oil for a booster. Me likey!

I will try more As I Am products in the future, I just hope they're more like the Hydration Elation, than the CocoShea. http://www.asiamnaturally.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment