Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shea Moisture: Product Review

This cruelty-free company was started by a Sierra Leonian family in 1912, who use shea butter as their main ingredient.

Ill start with the Deep Treatment Masque. For my hair this was a no go. I used this after shampooing, and also after co-washing. This was really thick and had a nice consistency, but for some reason it felt dry as soon as it touched my curls. It had some sort of clay or paste like feeling once I applied it to my hair which was NOT cool for me. Each time I used this product I ended up having to follow this with another deep conditioner to give my hair the slip and suppleness I'm used to. I don't think I'll be using this product again. 

Next up was their Curl Enhancing Smoothie which gets two thumbs WAY up from me! My hair loves this pudding-like curl holder. It smells great, sort of flowery but not too overpowering. I use this to smooth my edges daily. I've never experienced cakey, white product buildup flakes with this as I have with some other products...(side-eye to Kinky-Curly). I also use it as a curl enhancer after washing. Once I towel dry my hair I add a golfball sized amount to my curls and let them air dry, or if I'm in a hurry I blow dry on the cool setting. This individually defines each and every single one of my 4b curly-q's and gives them great suppleness and more bounce to the ounce! I use this nearly every day and will continue to do so! My only qualm is that I wish it would give my hair more shine, but it can't be perfect, right?

These products are available at; Walmart, Target, and Walgreens, and are super cheap ranging from $9.99-$12. They also make bath and baby products that I have yet to try, but if they're anything  like the Curl Enhancing Smoothie, I surely will partake.

No comments:

Post a Comment